Georgetown University strives to create a sustainable and environmentally friendly community every day. The University is pursuing broad-based, practical approaches to sustainability, including an ambitious commitment to cut our carbon footprint in half by 2020. On campus, we are implementing real-world sustainability solutions, using the campus as a living laboratory and developing a long-term sustainability strategy to guide our work.
Our institutional commitment to sustainability doesn't end with us, though. We strive to work and build relationships with partners that are committed to sustainability in a way that builds upon what Georgetown University does in the field. Some of the highlights of our efforts at sustainability include:
- GeorgetownOne Card: Since 2007 all paper shredding has been separated from card shredding so both paper and plastic can be recycled.
- GeorgetownOne Card: In 2007 and 2013 GOCard partnered with Epicurean to provide reusable water bottles as part of move-in.
- Hotel & Conference Center: We use organic pens, recycled notepads, cardboard straws and soy candles in our conference rooms
- Hotel & Conference Center: In Guest Rooms, we provide recycled soap bars with the Clean the World program, 100% recycled key cards, and have energy efficient light bulbs throughout our entire facility.
- Coca-Cola: We’ve set a 2020 Company goal in packaging to: reach a 75% recovery rate of bottles and cans in developed markets.
- ZipCar: After joining ZipCar, 90% of members drove 5,500 miles or less per year.
This is only a brief overview of what Auxiliary Services does in the field of sustainability. If you'd like to learn more about our efforts, contact us at email@example.com or visit sustainability.georgetown.edu.